Monday, May 7, 2012

My Roadtrip in Instagram Photos


This past weekend Betty and I made the four hour drive down to Vermont so that we could attend Betty's Auntie Cait's Bridal shower! It was a lot of fun and is worthy of it's own story but that will have to wait for another day. Betty knows all the names of her aunties and uncles now - some of them are her own interpretations but they stick. After the bridal shower Kylie, one of my other sisters in law, followed me home so she could spend part of the week here in Maine with us. It was eventful. I think it might be the first time one lucky police officer pulled over two cars at once! He definitely didn't intend to but luckily no tickets were received. We saw a bald eagle, lots of lakes and rivers and we visited Screw Auger falls in Grafton Notch National Park where my Mom used to take me when I was little. Happy Birthday, Mom! anyway. these were some of the many highlights caught on my iPhone and edited mostly for my own enjoyment although I certainly don't mind if you enjoy them also.


View photo.JPG in slide showView photo.JPG in slide showView photo.JPG in slide showView photo.JPG in slide show
View photo.JPG in slide showView photo.JPG in slide showView photo.JPG in slide showView photo.JPG in slide show
View photo.JPG in slide showView photo.JPG in slide showView photo.JPG in slide showView photo.JPG in slide show
View photo.JPG in slide showView photo.JPG in slide showView photo.JPG in slide showView photo.JPG in slide show

1. Betty napping with her Auntie Cait on the morning of the shower.
2. Auntie Sophia reading a book about strawberries to a very intense listener.
3. Betty found a hiding spot for her toys.
4. My favorite drink. Soy matcha steamer with whipped cream (I know it doesn't make sense.)
5. Betty's first puddle stomp.
6. The very whimsical trail entrance to the falls.
7. Betty standing as close to the falls as I could stomach.
8. Little wet footprints on the stone
9. the pools leading down to the BIG waterfall.
10. A beautiful day for an adventure!
11. VT and AK caravan.
12. Betty running ahead. she wasn't in any danger, I promise.
12. "Now how can I get this rock to the car?"
13. The shoe that almost got away.
14. "I'm gonna get you!"
15. The view in my rear view mirror for over five hours. I watched her honk our imaginary air horns with me each time we passed state lines. fun memories.

This trip was much more fun to make with two. I'd like to say I can't wait to make it again but that would be a lie. It was definitely a good time though and I have lots of pretty pictures to show for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your happy thoughts