Friday, June 1, 2012

Sea Shells & Sunburns // Mommy Moments

Today I took my parents and Betty to Popham Beach! This is really the first time we've actually gotten to go there in bathing suits. We didn't spend too much time in the water but we still all had fun.
 I had to get a pic of Betty's little sun dress (poorly lit as it is.) Her auntie Lisa gave it to her and it's so cute!

This is as close to swimming as I got today..

Sun hats and Sunglasses.
 I know I talk a lot about how pale I am but I really am too pale. I coated myself in sunscreen and sat like this for the better part of the time I was outside (an hour) and I still got burned... my scalp, my nose, my forehead and the tops of my feet. Pretty pathetic.
 Betty showing Mama her sea shell.
Great Job, Betty!
 Stomping sand castles with MeeMaw.
don't worry... They weren't some other child's castles. MeeMaw was making them to be destroyed
 Sandy girl.

  Mommy's and Betty's footprints. She's growing so fast!

I guess we tuckered her out. Grandpa was burying her in the sand and then she fell asleep.
Then we woke her up and dug her out and she laid back down and went back to sleep. sleepy, sandy girl.

Tomorrow We're celebrating Betty's second birthday! I can't believe she's almost two. It's crazy how fast that time has gone by. She is going to have so much fun tomorrow and I can't wait - so long as it's not quite so sunny. Have a good night

3 comments:

  1. sleepy sandy girl. haha! betty looks so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Betty and I hope that she had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! she did... We had several little celebrations for her. I'm glad you stopped by.

      Delete

Thank you for your happy thoughts