I read this post recently and was inspired by it. I've stolen a few and highlighted them in red. I'm sure I'll keep adding to this list and update it in installments. Do you have anything to add? What's most important to you?
1. Jesus Loves you. He Died for you. Surrender your life to him and you will never thirst.
2. Always be kinder than you feel.
3. Don't worry about looking silly to other people. As Amy Poehler says "There's power in looking silly and not caring that you do."
4. Don't let your insecurities impact your decisions - no matter what the decision is you'll end up regretting it.
5. Don't let your pride keep you from hearing people.
6. If you find Something you love to do keep loving it.
7. Books are the best.
8. You have a sweet, gentle and compassionate spirit. If you ever need to feel grounded tap into that.
9. An afternoon spent creatively is an afternoon well spent.
10. We can not hide from what scares us. Stand tall, you are significant and you don't need to prove your worth to anyone.
11. Beauty fades, Character doesn't.
12. A single act of kindness can change the world. Love is the most powerful thing there is.
13. The world owes you nothing. You are living from it, perhaps you should do what you can to improve it.
14. The human soul is infinite in depth. Don't be too quick to judge another.
15. Your mind is powerful, while remaining peaceful is the goal, speaking your mind with love is ideal.
16. A genuine person collects genuine friends - don't act a part for anyone.
17. Prayer should be an instinct but that takes practice.
18. If you are always striving to improve yourself you're already successful.
19. If you don't want a boy to meet your Daddy you don't want that boy.
20. Your life is your legacy. Treat it with respect.
21. Protect your heart. Charisma is only on the surface - If you love yourself you don't need anyone's flattery.
22. Defend others in need.
23. Helping others ends up helping you in surprising ways. But the goal, of course, is to help others.
24. Be there for friends in need - another opportunity is not a guarantee.
25. Only boring people are bored. Only small people act out to cure boredom.
26. Your body belongs to you and your future husband. Save it. Despite what society tells you, you won't be missing anything.
27. Life won't give you a fairy tale but if you live a good life you might just inspire one.
28. Travel. Learn new customs and adapt.
29. Pain breeds compassion and compassion is endlessly valuable.
30. I will always be your best friend but your mother more.
31. The divine reveals himself in nature, take time to appreciate it.
32. Don't say things about another unless you could and would want to say them to their face.
33. People believe what you tell them and remember it. The best option is to speak honestly.
34. Don't wait to find happiness in other people. You have to create it for yourself.
35. If it makes you feel uncomfortable it's not worth it.
36. Don't seek opportunities to be right. They happen too much when you're not seeking them. Save your corrections for things that are really important.
37. Accept correction from others. It's not an insult, it's an aid. If you can handle criticism well you have no reason to feel defensive.
38. Every person you will ever meet can teach you something you didn't know before.
39. Don't rush your life away and don't try to control it. The plan God has for you is better than the plan you have for you.
40. "In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love." Mother Teresa.
41. There are as many ways to live as there are people in this world and every world view has value.
42. Exercise is good for every part of you.
43. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4: 6 -7
-If you let worry take over it will consume you. Keep Positive and be faithful.
44. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8
45. You are smart, Kind and powerful.
46. How someone treats you says more about who they are than who you are. Don't take it personally.
47. Before you get offended by something try to think of ten other possible motivating scenarios than the one you are currently upset about. More often than not it's not the one but one of the ten.
48. A hug is powerful medicine.
49. Don't worry if you haven't seen someone in a while - pick up right where you left off.
50. Writing letters will never go out of style. It's always good to make someone you love feel special.
51. Never underestimate the power of good food.
52. There is nothing you can ever do that will make me love you more.
53. There is nothing you can ever do that will make me love you less.
54. I'm thankful every day that I'm the lucky woman who gets to be your mother. I feel like the luckiest woman ever for that.
55. You will never be perfect in this life and you don't need to be... God's grace is enough.
56. Life is hard, don't let it harden you.
57. Give people a lot of grace. They give you more than you know.
58. If all else fails, laugh.