Thursday, July 26, 2012

Worry Wart

It's funny how worked up and worried I can make myself. I've had a pretty routine Doctor's appointment on my Calendar for a while now and the closer it got the more fearful I became. I've never had a doctor remove anything before and I had a goofy growth on my leg that had to be taken off (tmi? sorry.) It wasn't a wart btw. While he was doing it he accidentally cut his own finger with my scalpel. Is that normal? Does that happen a lot? It doesn't bother me but he had never met me before and I feel bad for him because that would make me worry. Lucky for him there's nothing to worry about. Anyway, when I feel stressed about something It's difficult for me to want to write about happy things and I need to be better about that because there will always be something to worry about, right? I Do really let myself get anxious easily so I'm going to list off some good things to remind myself the next time I need to calm down.

  • Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows but only empties today of its strengths.                -Chris Haddon Spurgeon
  • Worry not about the possible troubles of the future; for if they come, you are but anticipating and adding to their weight; and if they do not come, your worry is useless; and in either case it is weak and in vain, and a distrust of God's providence. - Hugh Blair
  • People get so in the habit of worry that if you save them from drowning and put them on a bank to dry in the sun with hot chocolate and muffins they wonder whether they are catching cold. - John Jay Chapman
  • Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything. - Mary Hemingway
  • Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety. - Plato
  • "Cast your cares on the LORD
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never let the righteous fall."
    Psalm 55:22 NIV
  • "God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble.
    "
    Psalm 46:1 King James Version
  • Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me."
    John 14:1 KJV
  • "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
    Matthew 6:34 New American Standard Bible
  • "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
    Matthew 11:28-30 NIV
  • "Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.
    Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take."

    Proverbs 3:5-6 New Living Translation
  • "An anxious heart weighs a man down,
    but a kind word cheers him up.
    "
    Proverbs 12:25 NIV
I need to remember these words the next time I'm near tears for no certain reason. I need to constantly remind myself to have faith and to trust and It will be okay... even if it isn't.

Have a good day and be happy, don't worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your happy thoughts