Monday, July 9, 2012

My Afternoon Playlist

It's been a while since I've done one of these! I'm having just a bit of trouble narrowing my focus. I'm also in a bit of a grumpy mood from all of this heat so it's nice to focus on the positive things going on. I hope you all are faring okay though this super hot summer!

1. What we've been doing Lately: Camping! We've gone on super short weekend camping trips these last few weeks. We've cooked our own food over the fire and slept under the stars. This last time we set up our tent in the middle of a firefly field and watched them fly and shine around our tent as we fell asleep. It was really cool.
2. What we've been working on:  A super frustrating jigsaw puzzle. It's an I Spy puzzle of a junk drawer and it's insanely hard. Chad and I have been struggling over it for days now.
3. What I'm craving: Lobster! we cooked some over the campfire last weekend and it's so cheap right now that I just want to eat it all the time!
4. What I just bought: Little ribbons for Betty's hair. She finally has enough hair to put in a little pony tail on top of her head but she won't let me put anything in her hair. phooey.
5. Who I'm Blogstalking: Lesley Jean from Yessiree Petunia. Her stories are so interesting and I really love her style.
6. What I'm excited about: My sister-in-law is marrying my husband's close friend this Saturday! I really can't wait - It's going to be so much fun!
7. What I've found: A Lobster trap! It's going to be our coffee table!
8. Who I'm Listening to: Bruce Cockburn sing If I Had a Rocketlauncher. This song is really bizarre because it's a great song. I really like listening to it... but then I listen to the lyrics and I'm like.... what? The video is pretty disturbing also. between the super 80's style camera angles and fades and the graphic images of war and poverty it's a tough one to watch.

also on my playlist today:
enjoy your summer day! ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your happy thoughts